Importing Contacts into connectMLS:
You can import your clients from other software such as Outlook, Top Producer, Online-Agent, or Excel.
- Click on the My Clients icon from the connectMLS menu.
- Click on the Import Clients icon. The screen below will be displayed.
- Click Choose File and choose the location of your file from your hard drive.
- Choose the File Format: comma-delimited text (.csv), tab-delimited text (.tsv), or Outlook’s vcard (.vcf) format and click Continue.
- Next, match up your fields with the connectMLS fields. If any fields have no match in connectMLS, select Not Imported for those fields. When finished, click Continue. Your contacts will be added to your connectMLS My Clients list.
Exporting Contacts from Outlook:
- From Outlook, click on File > Import and Export.
- Select Export to a File.
- Select Comma Separated Values (Windows) as the type of file.
- Choose the Contacts folder (exactly how it’s shown below) and click Next.
- Next, click Browse and select a folder name (e.g., My Documents or Desktop). Enter a name for the file (e.g., outlook_export) and click OK. Click Next.
- Click Map Custom Fields to choose the fields that you want to export into connectMLS.
- Choose your fields and click OK.
- Click Finish.
Exporting Contacts from connectMLS:
- First click on the Export Clients icon from your My Clients Page. The screen below will be displayed.
- You can choose to export all of your clients or just the clients you selected prior to clicking the Export icon.
- Then select a File Format: comma-delimited, tab-delimited, or Outlook vcard. You can also opt for a header when your contacts are exported.
- connectMLS allows you to choose the fields that are exported. To exclude a field from your contacts, click on the field’s name under Export fields below, and then click the Back arrow button. You are also able to arrange your fields in your desired order by using the Up and Down buttons.
- When finished, click Continue.