Service Partners are professionals who provide services related to a real estate transaction that you may want to refer to your Clients (i.e., Lenders, Title Companies, Inspectors, Insurance Agents, Home Warranty Company, Attorneys, etc.).
Entering Service Partner (SP) information is important because connectMLS gathers their accurate information to form your contact database where you may refer them to clients or work with them within a particular transaction. Upon referring an SP to your Client, their basic contact information will be displayed within the Recommended Services section of the Client Web Page and your Client will be able to contact them.
- Click on the Add New Service Partner link on the My MLS Home Page or access the Add New link through your Service Partner contact page. You can also add/access your Service Partners by clicking on the My Service Partners icon from any connectMLS screen.
- From here, you can choose to click on Add New or Import. (Import allows you to transfer contacts from other contact management software, i.e., Microsoft Outlook, ACT, etc.)
- If you choose to Import, follow the online screen instructions when adding your Service Partners to your contact list.
- If you choose to add your SPs individually to your contact list, you can do so by clicking the Add New link.
- Next, select which type of service your SP provides and click Next.
- After checking the box at the bottom of the screen, or clicking on Valued Service Partner’s logo and checking their name, your SP is added to your contact list. Now you can decide how to refer your SP to your Clients.
- Check the box to refer your Service Partner automatically to your clients. If you want to manage your referrals manually, click the Finish button. Click the links to learn more about referring your SPs.